By using any of our Services, you agree that your information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service , including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The BaseMap Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. We may collect information about you directly from you. Certain areas and features of our Services require registration. To register you must provide your first name, last name, email, and state of residency. In addition, if you make a purchase, we will also request that you provide your credit or debit card information and your billing and shipping address.
Information that We Collect About You from Social Networking Sites. You also may log into our Services through your social networking accounts, including Facebook. If you do this, we obtain information from these sites as follows:
Facebook. If you log into our Site or Application using Facebook, you must enter your Facebook email address and password. We will ask that you grant us permission to: [ (i) access and collect your Facebook basic information (this includes your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user IDs, list of friends, date of birth, email address,; (ii) send you email; (iii) post to your Wall; (iv) access posts in your newsfeed; and (v) access your Facebook data at any time even if you are not using Facebook. If you allow us to have access to this information, then we will have access to this information even if you have chosen not to make that information public.
We store the information that we receive from Facebook with other information that we collect from you or receive about you.
Any third-party social networking site controls the information it collects from you. For information about how they may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult their respective privacy policies. We have no control over how any third party site uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
Information We Collect Automatically. We may automatically collect information about your use of our Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. This information may include, without limitation: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Services. We also may collect the following information about your use of the Application: mobile device ID; location and language information; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; your activities within the Application; and the length of time that you are logged into our Application. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide, maintain, and improve our Services; to develop new features, products, or services; to perform technical operations, such as updating software; and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Services.
- To communicate with you about your account and use of our Services; to send you product or service, updates; to respond to your inquiries; to provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, and other information we think may interest you; and for other informational, marketing, or promotional purposes. Our communications with you may include communications via email. Please see our section regarding Your Choices for more information about how to change your communications preferences.
- To assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, in order to improve our Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To administer our customer loyalty program.
- To post to your Facebook Wall, if you have granted us permission.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Facebook Users. Your username and profile picture will be visible to all other BaseMap users, regardless of whether they are your Facebook friends. In addition, when you join BaseMap, if you grant us permission to post on your Wall, a notification will be visible on your Facebook page telling your friends that you have started using BaseMap. The BaseMap Application also will be visible on your Facebook page under “applications.”
- BaseMap Users. Your name and any information that you post to our Site, including, without limitation, name, geo-location information, pictures, reviews, comments, and text will be available to, and searchable by, all users of the Services.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose information to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose information to another entity in connection with, including during negotiations of, an acquisition or merger, sale or transfer of a business unit or assets, bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of any other similar business transfer.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may disclose information in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or other purposes.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Local Storage Objects. We may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) to store your Site preferences and to personalize your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages and in emails. We and our third party service providers may use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
User Generated Content
We invite you to post content on our Services, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Services. If you post content on our Services, all of the information that you post may be available to all visitors to our Site and all registered users of our Services. If you post your own content on our Services, your posting may become public and BaseMap cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Third-Party Ad Networks
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information regarding this practice by NAI members and DAA members, and your choices regarding having information about your visits to multiple websites and online service sused by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp (NAI) and www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA).
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access To My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site or Application for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy