BASEMAP GEARDROP SWEEPSTAKES
FEBRUARY 12, 2020 OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. MAJOR RESTRICTIONS APPLY TO USE AND RECEIPT OF THE PRIZE.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Basemap GearDrop Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, who are least twenty-one (21) years of age, or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, at the time of entry. Entrants must be legally able to own and possess a firearm and pass a federal background check. BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE NOT LEGALLY PROHIBITED FROM OWNING OR TAKING POSSESSION OF A FIREARM. Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate families and household members are not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, “immediate families” means parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, and siblings.
2. TO ENTER: Between 12:01 am Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on February 12, 2020 and 6:00 pm PST on February 17, 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”), eligible entrants may enter the Sweepstakes by (i) logging into the Basemap mobile app (the app can be downloaded for free but new users must create an account before logging in; Basic accounts can be created for free), (ii) reading a hint about where Basemap has “dropped” the prize (the “GearDrop Location”), and (iii) dropping a pin (an “Entry Pin”) where you believe the GearDrop is located (each an “Entry”). All users with a Basemap Basic (free) or Pro subscription (paid) will receive one (1) Entry Pin. Limit one entry per person and per Basemap user account.
Entries must be received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible. Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incompletely received, or incomplete, for any reason, will not be eligible and are not the responsibility of the Sponsor. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to register the Basemap app, and any potential winner may be required to provide evidence sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of that e-mail address. Entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Correspondence and inquiries regarding the Sweepstakes will not be acknowledged or answered.
3. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) Snowy Mountain Alpine Hunter Rifle, one (1) ZEISS V4 4-16×44 Rifle Scope, and one (1) set of ZEISS Precision Rings (the “Grand Prize”). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is Six Thousand Four Hundred Twenty-Nine United States Dollars and Ninety-Eight Cents ($6429.98 USD). Winner will get to choose the color and caliber of the Hunter Rifle, subject to availability. Prizes are not transferrable, assignable or redeemable for cash. No substitution of prizes except by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, in which case a prize of approximately equal or greater value will be substituted. The winner is solely responsible for any local, state or federal taxes, and any other taxes, fees, registration and costs connected with the prize, and all federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The winner will be responsible for all taxes and all amounts charged by the designated FFL dealer for receiving the gun and/or processing the transfer thereof to the winner. Allow at least 6 weeks for delivery of prize once winner has been confirmed. SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR SUITABILITY OF THE PRIZE.
4. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: Shortly after the close of the Sweepstakes Period, the Entry Pin that is closest in proximity to the GearDrop Location will be selected as the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie (i.e., two or more Entry Pins are the same distance from the GearDrop Location) the Entry Pin that was dropped earliest in time will be selected as the winner. Winner will be notified by e-mail at the e-mail address provided when the Basemap account was created. If a Winner does not respond within fourteen (14) days of the date appearing on the prize notification, refuses the prize, is found to be ineligible, or fails to comply with the instructions contained in the prize notification or provide any requested documentation within that time period, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify such potential winner and choose an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries using the same criteria above. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Winners may be required to provide evidence of identity satisfactory to Sponsor in connection with claiming the prize. Any potential winner may be required to sign and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and, except where prohibited a liability/publicity release within fourteen (14) days of the date that Sponsor first attempts to notify the potential winner. Transfer of the Grand Prize shall be conducted through a federally-licensed Federal Firearms License (FFL) dealer. Winner must select an FFL dealer and provide the name and contact information to Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of the date that Sponsor first attempts to notify the potential winner. Winner must meet all legal requirements and will be subject to a dealer’s background check. All firearms transfers will be conducted in strict compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Local laws. No delivery through an FFL will be permitted until all verifications and authorizations have been confirmed. If verification of any information provided results in forfeiture, no prize will be awarded to that individual. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. If, at any time prior to fulfillment of the prize, the winner is unable, unwilling, or barred from obtaining or using a firearm, the winner will be declared ineligible and an alternate winner will be selected. If, after any prize winner is determined and declared and the prize is shipped to the prize winner’s FFL dealer of choice in his or her state of residence, the prize winner is unwilling or unable to receive a transfer of the prize from his or her chosen federal firearms licensee (for failure to pass a required background check, legal prohibition of the transfer, or any other reason), Sponsor reserves right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to either terminate the Sweepstakes immediately or select an alternate prize winner in a random selection of all remaining eligible entries. No person shall be confirmed as a winner until such person has complied with all the requirements of these Official Rules. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
5. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION: This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Any dispute arising out of this Sweepstakes or a prize shall be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, without regard to its choice law principles, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in the State of Washington. Entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EACH ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6. WAIVERS AND RELEASES: By entering, entrants agree: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding; (b) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules; (c) that they may be contacted in person, by phone, or by e-mail, with respect to the Sweepstakes; (d) that Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, and employees (collectively “Releasees”) are not responsible for lost, damaged, or misplaced entries, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunction, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or web site, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, or for any injury to person or property; and (e) to release and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liability for any injuries, damages or losses of any kind (including death), arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in any sweepstakes-related activity or any other activity otherwise related to, or in connection with, the Sweepstakes, or printing, mailing or distribution errors. Each winner further acknowledges that the prizes are provided “as is” and Sponsor does not make any warranties, express or implied, relating to any prize itself and that Sponsor expressly disclaims the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular use. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prizes.
7. PUBLICITY: Unless prohibited by law, entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes permission for the Releasees to use that entrant’s name, address (city and state), and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or right of review or approval, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation the Internet.
8. ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of being executed as planned, or tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any suspect entry and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or award the prizes for that Sweepstakes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the termination, as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion. Entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification.
10. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
11. TRADEMARKS: Trademarks referenced herein are owned by their respective companies and do not imply or suggest that such companies endorse or support this Sweepstakes.
12. TO RECEIVE WINNER NAME OR OFFICIAL RULES: To request the name of the winner or a copy of these Official Rules, e-mail your request to email@example.com or mail your request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to: firstname.lastname@example.org, to be received by Sponsor by no later than three weeks after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
13. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is BaseMap Inc., 19201 120th Ave NE STE 200 Bothell, WA 98011.