Remote Mapping with NavCam™
START REMOTE MAPPING TODAY
– Gear Up for Hunting Season –
Using the lost buck from scenario #1, let’s walk through how you would use NavCam TM ️ from the stalk all the way through the harvest.
You watch the buck make its final bed for the morning. Now before beginning the stalk, you pull out your phone and follow these steps to put you exactly where you want to be for a shot.
- Open your BaseMap app and click on the + sign (tools menu) in the lower right hand corner.
- Here you will find a tool called Remote Marker. Tap on it.
- When you tap on the remote marker tool it will open another screen that will say Distance to Target. Range the buck using your rangefinder.
- Enter the range in the app and press next.
- This opens up the NavCam™ feature. Once NavCam™ is open you will see a crosshair and bubble level. Level the camera and simply aim the crosshair where your buck is bedded.
- Once you settle on the spot, tap the set button on the right side of the display. Now you’ve created a remote marker.
Once you’ve set the remote marker where the buck is bedded, you’ll be back on your map with the remote marker visible. If you take the time to make sure your range is good and that you have correctly placed the spot on your NavCam™, this remote marker will be accurate within one degree of your target.
With this marker you have the tool to put you precisely where you want to be for a shot without losing your bearings. It also makes it very easy to take a concealed route and not have to keep an eye on the buck. As you get in close, simply use BaseMap’s XDR Navigation Tool (eXact Direction & Range) to see your location and distance compared to your remote marker.
Scenario #1 Replay
A BaseMap Exclusive
This feature is proving to be a game changer for hunters needing to relocate animals while stalking, after the shot, relocating glassed up shed antlers, and many other uses where you need to move from point A to point B with precision. It’s saving hunter’s time, energy, effort, and making them more efficient hunters. NavCam™️ can absolutely be the difference maker on your hunt. The more you use it the more you’ll wonder why no one else has this feature. BaseMap is the only app with remote mapping technology, period.
Download the BaseMap app, upgrade to BaseMap PRO and experience NavCam™ today!